About Tim Lohmar
We aggressively advocate for our client’s best interests.
Tim is a lifelong St. Charles County resident. Born and raised in St. Charles, he graduated from St. Charles West High School. Following high school, he received his undergraduate and juris doctorate degrees from Mizzou.
After law school, he began the private practice of law in St. Charles. Tim also served as the assistant Prosecuting Attorney for the City of O’Fallon, the Prosecuting Attorney for the City of St. Charles, and the first-ever Municipal Judge for the St. Charles County Municipal Court. In 2010, he was elected to serve as an associate circuit judge for the State of Missouri. In 2012, he was appointed by the St. Charles County Executive to serve as the Prosecuting Attorney for St. Charles County, he was re-elected in 2014, 2018 and 2022, as position he held for over 10 years until 2023.
Tim is the past President of Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys and was a member of its Board of Directors from 2016 – 2023. In 2020, he was named Missouri Prosecutor of the Year by his peers in the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys and the Missouri Bar Association. He has been honored by the St. Louis Area Major Case Squad with the Prosecutorial Excellence Award, and he has received a formal commendation from the United States Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) for aggressive prosecution of illegal narcotics distribution.
Additionally, he was appointed by the Governor as the Missouri Prosecutors’ representative on the Missouri Sentencing Advisory Commission, working in conjunction with the Supreme Court of the State of Missouri. He also served as the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys representative on the Criminal Records and Justice Information Advisory Committee.
Tim has been featured in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post, the Chicago
Tribune, the UK Daily Mail Online, Newsweek magazine, Dateline NBC, Investigation Discovery, On the
Case with Paula Zahn, Oxygen True Crime, People Magazine, People Magazine TV, and the St. Louis Post Dispatch, as well as numerous other media outlets in the greater St. Louis area and throughout Missouri.
With his vast experience as a judge, the Prosecuting Attorney, and an attorney in private practice, Tim has unprecedented credentials and access to unique insights and knowledge to help his clients navigate even the most difficult legal situations.
Ty Lohmar, Office Manager
Tim Lohmar, Attorney at Law
Accomplishments as Prosecuting Attorney
- 100% conviction rate for murders and violent crimes.
- Human Trafficking Initiative – successfully prosecuted the first case of human trafficking in the State of Missouri.
- Special Victims Unit – established St. Charles County’s first-ever unit of attorneys, caseworkers, and investigators, all of whom are dedicated to aggressively prosecuting child abuse, sexual abuse, and domestic violence.
- Treatment Courts – expanded DWI Court, Drug Court, Veterans Court and Mental Health Court to lead more first-time, non-violent offenders who suffer from substance abuse or mental health disorders out of the criminal justice system and into lives of recovery.
- Auto Theft Task Force – partnered with local law enforcement to prosecute car thieves swiftly and aggressively.
- CRUSH – established the Community Resources United to Stop Heroin, a community coalition of law enforcement, first-responders, and healthcare professionals whose mission is to combat the heroin epidemic.
- TREND – established Taking Responsibility and Empowering New Direction, a program providing young, first-time, non-violent offenders an alternative to incarceration, and pathway to success.
- Over $7,000,000 in restitution collected for crime victims.
Honors and Awards
- President of the Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys
- State Prosecutor of the Year, Missouri Association of Prosecuting Attorneys
- St. Louis Area Major Case Squad Award for Prosecutorial Excellence
- US Department of Justice and DEA Commendation, presented for aggressive prosecution of illegal opiate distribution.
- Missouri Justice Reinvestment Task Force, appointed by the Governor as the task force representative for Missouri Prosecutors